Thursday, December 4, 2008

Heros, mentors and people to look up to.

This hero is damn hot.

As much as I would like to elaborate on this picture I won't she is just there to look pretty. What I am gonna blog about today is personal heroes, people I look up to and try to be more like. I had a few them as I was growing up and it was great for a while having someone to look up to gave me goals and direction when I was young but eventually these people I looked up to end up being disappointing.

Heroes for me started with my dad when I was little I thought he was superman but then I grew a bit and my dad became uncool. Then there were other people I knew friends and cousins who may have been older good at sports, attending university, been training but they too eventually ended up being disappointing because they had to grow up get jobs, get married, gain weight and just become plane guys you do that could not be idolized anymore. Lets not forget Sylvester Stallone and Arnie most guys in there 20s would be lieing if they said they were not inspired by these guys. Who can say they do not feel like training after watching a training montage from a Rocky movie.




But after learning recently that these guys were on roids and that is the reason why they are in such great physical shape even these guys ended up being disappointing. Not that I do not enjoy these guys at the movies anymore but they just fiction now when in the past they were more then that.

Perhaps it is wrong try and be like others because people can't be perfect after all its not all that hard to know what you want:
  • To be physically fit,
  • to have real friends,
  • to have one partner who you are crazy about and vice-versa,
  • to be brave enough to stand up for yourself when treated unfairly,
  • to be adventurers and open to new ideas,
  • to lend a hand to someone who needs it,
  • to be good at ones chosen career or sport
  • to be cheerful
  • to have all the toys and gadgets you want,
  • to not be afraid to make mistakes and when they happen to learn from them.
Maybe having a Hero is not necessary after all but I still need one so I have made an imaginary one but taking bits and pieces from people I know one person is great physically another great in sporting while another very cheerful I have taken what I like from these people and created an imaginary hero not an imaginary person that I talk to or try to introduce to my friends but just someone to be like. Does that make me weird ? I don't know. I would like to think that everybody has one of these friends

If I had real people as my heroes that must mean that there might be people who idolize me as well and that gives me goals too, I can't treat myself like crap or let others be unfair to me, I have to be cheerful, brave and adventurous because if I am not I could disappoint someone. I probably will disappoint someone because I'm not perfect either but I will try to be as perfect as I can.

Thanks again for reading

Dpak

No comments: