Thursday, December 4, 2008

The story of my car - Part 1

Photobucket

I have got so many memories of this car that I can only put it into a multi part series. I will start with how I came about wanting and getting a car like this.

Two years ago i did not care about done up cars .... yeah I saw them in movies and thought they were cool but if I saw a cool car on the road I would not give them a second look my brain just was not geared that way. What really got me to appreciate these beuties was my brother he had a little Honda CRX and he loved that thing to bits and that rubbed off onto me.

Even though my brothers driving would scare the bajesus out of me at times like he would stop at a red light then slam the accelerator and the car would just take off and I would get slammed into the seat by the G-force that little car created, and he would do these crazy things like zig zagging through traffic on a motorway with traffic moving at 100. I do not do any of that and luckily my brothers crazy driving has ruined his cars clutch and engine so he is not doing any of that either.

When I did get my license at the grey old age of 24 even though I wanted a sporty car I tried to get anything i just wanted to get started driving streight away because being 24 and not driving was seriously uncool. I almost bought a crappy 2.5 liter station wagon which would take me from A to B but looked like crap my old boss even wanted me to buy his fugly Pintara but thankfully I did not get either of these junk heaps I took a step back and thought if i am gonna spend a few grand on something I have to like it. The first car has to be special like the first girl you have a crush on or the first dog you have.

I did not know enough about cars to make a decent decision and the only person I could turn to was brother Rituraj and he was awesome. As I grew up I developed the belief that its great to have lots of friends in the outside world but it is most important to build strong relationships with your family because they will always be around everyone else will move away and change but a brother or a sister is always with you and they will alway care. This little hypotheses of mine was totally proven by my brother. He without asking for anything in return looked up numerous cars Lancers, Supras, WRX's, Silvias and many others, he also poured his vast amount of car self learned knowledge into me everything about rims, clutches, breaks, engine sizes, fibre glass, hood, exhaust sounds, body kits what makes cars cool, what racial groups drive what cars, where to find cars.

He eventually did find me a car it was on e.bay:
  • it was my favorite color,
  • I had a thing for wolfs and it had a wolf design on the hood,
  • it was very sporty Honda,
  • it was fuel efficient,
  • It was a coupe which is what i wanted,
  • it was very rare which made it very cool.
  • The car was a bit beat up which and I wanted a car that I could spend some effort on.
  • It had cromies and cool interior,
  • It had good tires,
  • It was a manual an even though I only had an automatic license that is what I wanted
  • I could actually afford it.
Being on eBay I could not touch it therefore I asked by brother to speak to the guy selling it and he did and said that this guy was genuine so I bought the thing without touching it but I trusted Mr Riturajs judgment. I committed to spend almost all the money had saved up prior to that date.

I had bought this car but it was still more then a hundred kilometers away I had some how get there and get it back. I had to take time off work from a boss who did not wanna let me go, I got sicker then I had ever been before, and so many other things and I will write about all this as I continue The Story Of My Car.

Thanks again for reading.

Have a good one
Dpak


No comments: