Monday, June 1, 2009

The Story Of My Car Part 8


As I said in the last part of this series when I awoke the morning of the rest of my journey home my sickness was no longer a problem however we had some more drama to deal with.

You see what had happened during the drive the day before was that one of the nuts on the edge of the back bumper had fallen off so now the back body kit was hanging a bit from the cars body and we just could not drive like that for one thing would vibrate and damage the car and secondly with speeds we were traveling the unsecured bumper would act like a parachute and our back body kit would fly off and that as Bart Simpson would say it would be a major bummer.

To try and secure it we looked for screws and ropes and wires around the motel and in the car but we could not find anything, I asked my neighbor who probably had something in his truck but he did not wanna help he was actually quite annoyed that I asked him for help I don't know what his problem was maybe he was racist or maybe be was annoyed at all the alarm noise that my car made the night before or maybe he had a massive wedgie whatever but I did make a face at him when he turned around .... Just kidding I didn't but I should have. Anyway we did eventually secure the thing with some cable tie and cable ties are awesome for securing body kits because the thing did not come off or vibrate.

With the rest of the journey back my brother was driving at insane speeds there were long stretches of road between Bellina and Sydney were the speed limit was 120 well we were going at 150 which is 30 k's over the speed limit if we were caught by the law driving at those speeds then we would be in really deep shit however ma bro knew roads well he knew which roads we were likely to find cops on and on which we wouldn't and he avoided the law well however we did have some close calls like the one time were he braked merely seconds before we hit a speed camera as a matter of fact we were so close that we thought we were goners however weeks later I did not get a speeding letter so I guess he slowed down just in time whats cool about this is that we had been speeding for a long time before we hit the camera and my brother slowed down for no reason, neither of had seen the camera sign he just slowed down by chance because of his sixth sense and the long arm of the law was not long enough to catch us.

I should talk about the law we had collectively named everything to do with the police such police cars and cameras "The law" and it was funny because we talking in funny accents about we pulled out any all the cleshayed movie line about the law and just dumb crap like that, and that kept us entertained for a while because we had gotten pretty tired of the music that Andrew left us and the scenery was not changing much.

I should mention the car we were pushing it pretty hard with the breaks and speed the dash had actually gotten warm because we were driving so fast for so long but through all that the car just kept going there was no better way to test this car then this drive and I have to say it passed with an A.

With us always driving over the speed limit we had to keep an eye out for the law mainly the undercover police cars ( the undercover cars were not too hard to spot as they were always these big Australian cars with tons of antennae sticking out of em). The few that we saw left us be but one of these cars was driving behind us for about half an hour and he probably wanted to stop us because the spoiler on the car was too big I did not know this at the time I only found out about this much later when my car got defected because of it.( Andrew had neglected to tell me about the spoiler as well). The law did not stop us probably because the weather was really bad and after a while it overtook us. After it overtook us my brother turned to me and said the law is speeding and it was not by a little bit it was doing more then 10 ks over the speed limit so we did what any sane driver would do we got a safe distance behind law and we followed with us driving faster then we should as well until the car turned out of our way.

Well that was our encounter with the law but moving on after a few more hours of driving the batteries in our GPS devises finally died but it did not matter because we were heading in the right direction and a while later we got to areas we were familiar with.

When we were about 10 minutes away from home it was near the time my two other siblings were going to get off school so we called them and told them to wait and that we would pick them up in my new (second hand) car but my brother had underestimated how long it was gonna take us to get there and my siblings ended up waiting about 45 minutes in the cold for us to come and pick them up ... ahh well they forgave me but it sucks we should have just let em go home and to make things worse my brother caught the same puking and crapping bug that I had....(I do hope they change the bed sheets at the motel I slept in otherwise someone else out there probably had their road trip ruined)but you know what despite the troubles we got the car home and everyone was quite happy with it.

Thankyou for reading the journey of getting my car home. I have not even finished half "The Story Of My Car" I still have a lot of interesting things to say so if you are enjoying the story so far then read on to the next part cause you ain't seen nothin yet.

Have a good night
Dpak

No comments: