Monday, January 12, 2009

The Story Of My Car Part 5


When I arrived in Ballina I was Quite alright my sickness was mostly gone what I had to do now was find the car make sure it was OK register it and take home.

Finding the car was not too difficult Andrew knew what we looked like as I had sent pictures of myself and my brother to him earlier in the week, a quick call later we were in front of the car and the pictures that I had seen on eBay did not do it justice it was gorgeous.

The thing that had impressed me the most was the picture on the hood it was so detailed like I could see the trees in the background, the moon was detailed, the clouds had different textures to make it look real, the howling wolf was so detailed that different colors of its fur and shadows were easy to see even the inside of the wolfs mouth was detailed. The other things that impressed me was the cars white interior which at that time I thought was leather( it actually was vinyl). The Subs the car had were bigger then anything I had ever seen and the rims, the gear knob, meter display that lit up blue and green, .... it was pretty awesome.

Though there was a lot that was good with the car there was also a lot wrong with the car at the time I only noticed the scratches, the damaged lights, torn seats and damaged body kit but there was more . All these things I was happy with as well because I did not just want a ready made car, I wanted a car that I could do some work on, something i could, could get my hands dirty with, learn things from and lucky ( or unlucky depending on your point of view) for me the cars problems would eventually turn out major dramas but I will talk more about that later.

With the car in front of me we went on to check and see if everything was good with the car. We had a check list that we went through and this checklist included things like lights, oil leaks, breaks, gears etc. Everything checked out we test drove the car to the R.T.A. in Ballina with me sitting at the back and my brother and Andrew sitting in the front ( seems like he did not have to go to work after all). Andrews brother followed us in a car beside us.At the RTA I filled out the relevant papers and the car was mine once this was done I gave Andrew his check and we parted ways.

Now it was time for us to drive the car home but first we had to straighten the damn seat. The seat on the passenger side of this car is damaged and its adjusting levers need to be pulled in a certain way to make it lock in place and Andrew neglected to mention how is this is done( there is actually quite a few things he neglected to mention) to us before he left so the two of us struggled with the seat for a while before we eventually did something to lock it in place and then we could start driving.

The first thing we did when we could start driving was turn on the GPS and find a place to eat and we found a McDonald's. Now I had been sick for a while and a couple of hours earlier I would not have considered putting anything solid in my mouth but I was felt like I could handle it now and thankfully I could because the meal did not come back up( it just went down :)... more later). We had also bought a couple of cakes as celebration of us getting the car however the cakes were pretty yuk so we only took a couple of bites and left em be.

Once we were done eating I called the NRMA to get my car insured and this was cool because the girl was taken aback by everything I told her about the car I told her we had:
  • Air brushing
  • Custom plates
  • 17 inch chrome rims
  • Sound system
  • Leather interior
  • None stock rear lights
  • Special LED light up display
  • Lowered with sports suspension
  • Body kit
  • Pod filter
And as we were telling the girl all these things about the car we were asking each other "what else does this car have" and we mentioned other minor things like the tints and the special gear knob. When I asked to have it insured one way she was really surprised because she figured I would wanna insured it fully and she was even more surprised when I valued the car at only 10 grand.

With the car insured it was finally time to start heading home and boy do I have some stories about our trip home you all are just going to have to wait and see what the rest of my adventures were.

Thanks for reading again.
Dpak

No comments: